This is what FK Norway does
- FK Norway funds exchange projects involving employees/members in Norway and in countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- The exchanges are carried out by the organisations/businesses, they themselves send and recive participants.
- We provide courses and training and offer guidance before, during and after the exchanges take place.
The way an exchange works
Exchange through mutual, organisational partnerships
The exchange takes place between Norwegian and foreign organisations or businesses.
Finding a partner for exchange in the foreign country will be your job.
We also support exchanges where both partner organisations are foreign.
Participants travel to work
Those who are exchanged are in most cases between 22 and 35 years of age.
You can recruit participants for exchange among existing staff or members, or outside your own organisation. The preparatory course is mandatory for all people going on exchange.
Exchange for mutual learning
During the exchange your FK participants travel abroad to work with your partner organisation, while the foreign participants come to work in your organisation in Norway.
Costs and investments
FK Norway pays a moderate salary for participants. We also cover expenses for travel, stay, insurance and language course.
A dedicated member of your staff fills the role as our contact person and is in charge of participant follow-up and administrational tasks. The contact person also attends FK Norway courses and meetings.
We offer a small administration grant to all our partners. You should keep in mind that your organisation additionally needs to allocate personell resouces to project administration.
FK- Norway offers trainings for our partners and their participants. The purpose of the FK- trainings is to make sure that all parties are prepared in the best way possible for creating fruitful exchange programs and successful partnerships.
The partners are given relevant tools for project management and knowledge on how to follow up participants, and we make sure that the participants are properly prepared and de- briefed before and after the exchange. It is important for all FK- Trainings that all participants are given an opportunity to learn from each other, share experiences and build networks across borders.
Apply for exchange grant
Why embark on an FK exchange?
Exchanges create development and growth. It broadens the perspectives and changes the attitudes of people and make businesses, institutions and organsiations more capable in achiving their goals. The exchanges are also a modern tool aiming to create mutual learning between Norway and various developing countries.
- 9 out of 10 businesses claim to have achieved increased technical skills through an FK exchange
- Strengthen your intercultural communication skills
- Build strong partnerships with associates in Asia, Africa or Latin-America
- Motivate your staff and/or members
- Broaden, diversify and globalise the skills and knowledge of your staff
- Contribute to developing and sharings skills and knowledge in Norway and developing countries
- Strengthen the management skills of your organisation